India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / IBM India Jobs / IBM India Employment / IBM India Vacancies
Sales Engineer– Financial Services ASEAN
Job ID STG-0465041
Job type Full-time Regular
Work country Multiple (AU, BD, BN, CN, HK, IN, ID, JP, KR, MO, MY, NZ, PH, LK, TW, TH, VN)
Work city - Any Job area Sales
Travel 25% travel annually
Job category Sales
Business unit STG Other
Job role General Other Sales
Job role skillset General
Commissionable/Sales-Incentive jobs only No
-Work across the markets in South East Asia with a focus on selling into financial services organizations.
-Work closely with Sales Account Manager to develop business opportunities, analyze customer requirements, and provide consultative selling skills in complex technical environments.
-Establish working relationships with key Business Managers and IT Managers and staff in the customers’ organizations, assisting them to integrate Platform technology effectively into their various IT environments as part of their evaluation of the product suite. Maintain a strong understanding of competitive products and HPC industry/market trends. Take ownership for all technical aspects of the account relationship and management. Ability to translate technical product features, attributes and implementations to meet customer business needs. Able to scope projects, able to describe project phases and do a high level implementation plan. The position of Solution Architect/System Engineer in Platform Computing is a challenging position requiring strong IT system infrastructure and domain/application knowledge as well as technical delivery skills.
• Able to create RFP/RFI responses which describe a solution to client business problems. This solution is a combination of products and services.
• Has customer management and communication skills enabling the Solution architect/Systems Engineer to describe the solution to customer management in business terms.
• Has high level Project Management skills, with ability to describe major project implementation phases
• Discuss potential sales opportunities with Account Manager, and perform technical analysis and qualification of potential customer projects, often on-site with the customer
• Design and conduct Platform product presentations and demonstrations as well as question & answer discussions with the customer’s technical staff at increasing levels of complexity. Participate in a similar fashion in trade shows, seminars, and training events.
• Visits and keep necessary contact with prospects and customers - with or without the Account Manager, discuss current and new-release product features and uses, and up-sell the Platform’s product suite
• Propose Platform’s Support Services and Consulting Services to customers who need assistance to resolve challenging problems and build solutions of demanding complexity. This includes generation of Project Plans (Schedules, Budgets, Estimates) and Statements of Work (SOW).
• Provide product feedback from customers to Product Marketing and Product Management, and technical feedback to Support in aid of problem resolution and avoidance.
• Manage customer expectations so as to ensure maximum satisfaction with Platform’s products and services.
1. Have at least 6 years working experience in relevant FS IT consultant firm, or pre-sales/post sales, or system administrator.
2. Understanding FS HPC process flow/design flow / business units; broad understanding of relevant HPC software applications; what these applications are used in the customer environment and how Platform technology can be applied to these applications
3. Solid knowledge in Linux / Unix and Windows operating system. Solid knowledge of Linux clustering technology and HPC application development tools.
4. Good oral and writing communication skills
5. Estimating and Project Management skills
6. Exposure to product marketing, sales process and ability to identify sales opportunities
7. Ability to probe, research, and learn independently; experienced in providing technical troubleshooting in first-line support situations, sometimes remotely from the customer. Confident in providing expertise in complex technical situations
8. Good organizing capabilities and strong self-starter attributes
9. Excellent inter-personal, verbal, and presentation skills
10. Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you are using a mobile phone you can submit your contact information rather than complete a full application.
For Further information and apply online : http://www.ibm.com/in/en/