India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / Nokia India Jobs / Nokia India Employment / Nokia India Vacancies
Head, Architecture and Systems Engineering Group-RES000002T2
General definition of the role:
Architecture/Systems Engineering group is regarded as one of the critical teams within the R&D organization that sets a solid foundation for developing a predictable and reliable product with high quality
· The Leader of this group will be responsible for managing and guiding a group of engineers in defining product architectural and system requirements. This will also include the performance modeling/requirements of the product.
· Develop Architectural and Performance evolution strategies in terms of scaling, stability, capacity etc.
· The main interfaces of this group would be Product Mgmt on one hand and the Development, Testing and Deployment groups on the other.
· There will be a close working relationship with the Product Mgmt , In-country business development/deployment teams and Cluster Interface groups in understanding the business needs and translating that to implementable and measurable requirements. There should be clear traceability of the requirements
· This group will also act as a solid consulting group to the downstream development groups during the SW development phase for clarifying the architecture, design and performance aspects of the product
· The output of this group will be well defined Arch Requirements Doc (ARD), Systems/Performance Requirements Doc (SRD) that will be used by the Development groups
· To continuously improve the current Arch/Requirements processes within the scope of the SW development Life cycle to meet the changing/challenging needs of Product Enhancements, New Market Requirements,
· Develop metrics to demonstrate various aspects of architectural and requirements processes that depicts the clarity and coverage of the requirements. This aspect is very important and visible in delivering the product on time with high quality
Line Management Responsibilities:
· Provides Frontline Leadership by continuously demonstrating role model behavior of process adherence and continuous improvement, paying attention to details, quality and schedule consciousness, good team player with visible interpersonal skills, effective handling of ambiguous situations etc.
· To manage the completion of assignments to maintain schedule, estimated cost within planned scope
· Defines project scope targets to fit business needs.
· Plans and manages project deliverables, costs schedules and activities within different project phases.
· Leads, manages and coaches team members.
· Sets project objectives, reviews and evaluates performance and provides feedback to team members
Manages processes within defined project management methodology. Ensures project delivery whilst meeting technical, quality, cost and
· Performs and/or coordinates day-to-day activities to meet departmental/project objectives.
Carries out root/cause analysis in more complex problems. Can develop and implement recommendations.
Accountable for quality, accuracy and efficiency of own and team achievements.
15+ years relevant experience including successful track-record of managing several successful projects. Good knowledge of project management methodologies (waterfall + agile) and technologies, main focus on web-technologies used in Nokia like:
General Telecom background/experience - wire line and/or wireless
Experience in leading various SW development groups within the SDLC; prior experience in leading architectural groups will be a definite plus
Demonstrated record of achievements in Design and Implementation aspects of a large Telecom product
Tomcat 7.x application server experience
SOAP Web Service knowledge and experience
Knowledge & Experience in XML & XSD
NOCOP & SCRUM
Job Research & Development
Primary Location IN-Bangalore
Organization Mobile Phones
Job Level Manager
Education Level Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Job Type Experienced
Employee Status Regular
Travel Yes, 10% of the time
Contact Name - External Manmohan Thammera
Contact Email - External firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further information and apply online : http://www.nokia.com