India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / Nokia India Jobs / Nokia India Employment / Nokia India Vacancies
Technical Support Engineer-RES000002CG
This role will primarily work with Level 3 virtual teams and focus on supporting high availability, robust, resilient and supportable solutions in an Applications services environment. With a focus on the infrastructure and operational elements of deployed service, examples could include ensuring services are highly available, do not have major known issues and are fully resilient across multiple data centers.
Essential requirements include a proven track record of deploying and supporting consumer internet infrastructure technologies.
A major part of this role will be working very closely with key stakeholders who include Nokia IT and the Technology Strategy Architecture teams, as well as the Service Operations teams, in ensuring the services adhere to 99.9% or higher uptime
As a Techanical Lead, you will be responsible to provide application monitoring and support of one or more services which are in production. He should own and drive technical and process improvements. The person is expected to work as individual contributor and lead the support group based on the business requirement.
1. Resolve production issues within the stipulated SLA period.
2. Drive pro-active monitoring and resolve issues to eliminate outages.
3. Learn new services quickly and transfer the knowledge to peers and team members.
4. Drive support improvement activities on both technical and non-technical aspects of support.
5. Provide guidance and leadership to support teams and peers around areas of expertise
6. Review and/or create required technical documents for application.
7. Create, track and improve service metrics
8. Drive the major incidents towards resolution by liasing with multiple stakeholders in a multi geographic environment.
9. Immediately raise issues or risks towards the successful and timely completion of deliverables
10. Work with support improvement team, Transition team as part of daily support activity.
· BE or B-Tech in Computer Science or equivalent
Competencies: Skills, knowledge, Abilities
Strong knowledge of support processes, willing work in 24X7 engagement, including night shifts and weekends,
Technical support of internet based applications hosted at multiple Data Centres and for use in mobiles.
Possess technical knowledge and has the ability to apply those skills to business impacting problems.
Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
Experience in monitoring tools and ticketing systems.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skill.
Ability to communicate is a must for this role.
Work effectively in critical situations and flexible to stretch more to ensure availability of the service.
Ability to work in an individual contributor capacity.
Ability to coordinate communication with all areas of the service organization that impacts the scope, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
Ability to manage team and execute task independently.
Good organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Detail oriented person
Responsive to customer needs
Proactive and positive attitude
Overall 5+ years experience in production support of web applications and with multiple DCs.
3+ years support experience in Linux, J2EE, webserver, appservers and Database
Incident management experience required.
Passion for delivering 24/7/365 service availability.
Knoweldge of Problem Management, RCA and Changement management is required.
Knowledge or experience in
Keynote, Nagios, Ganglia, Lotus Notes
Knowledge of Problem Management techniques
Job Research & Development
Primary Location IN-Bangalore
Organization Location & Commerce
Job Level Individual Contributor
Education Level Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Job Type Experienced
Employee Status Regular
Travel Yes, 10% of the time
10 May 2012 05:29:00
Contact Name - External Raju Ajith
Contact Email - External firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further information and apply online : http://www.nokia.com