India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / Dell India Jobs / Dell India Employment / Dell India Vacancies
System Administration Sr. Advisor
Noida, UP, India
Performs installation, customization and maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements. Evaluates and integrates new operating system versions, drivers and hardware. Provides technical expertise for system transitions, migrations and consolidations.
• Tests software updates and patches.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
• Conducts system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
• Performs incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
• Designs, develops, recommends and implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary.
• Provides in-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develops solutions.
• Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Prescribes system backup / disaster recovery procedures and directs recovery operations in the event of destruction of all or part of the operating system or other system components.
• Implements appropriate levels of system security.
Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas.
Broad knowledge within own specialty discipline.
Deep specialized knowledge in specific aspects of discipline.
Enhances own knowledge through understanding business trends and objectives.
Understands and foresees implications of decisions.
Knowledge of industry and business principles.
Understands the core business process and purpose of the functional area.
Places issues in context of organizational and functional objectives.
In-depth customer knowledge to provide appropriate solutions.
Develops and applies project management techniques.
Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/ problems using multiple sources of information.
Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
Forecasts, models, and utilizes advanced analytical tools.
Creates new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
Develops skills to analyze ambiguous problems.
Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
Works with minimal direction.
Work is guided by operational and project objectives.
Manages multiple assignments and processes.
Independently determines approach to project.
Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
May be responsible for specific programs, customers and/or projects.
May provide technical guidance or influence the work of others.
Updates management on project/activity status.
Contributes to area by ensuring quality of tasks/services provided by self and others.
Extends capabilities by working closely with senior staff/experts within and outside the internal organization.
Provides process and policy advice.
Explains assumptions and methodologies.
Articulates pros and cons of an action in a clear manner.
Simplifies difficult concepts for non-technical users.
Regularly interacts with colleagues or customers generally up to senior level management.
• Strong knowledge of System Administration and Operating Systems.
• Strong knowledge of Systems Hardware.
• Strong knowledge of Enterprise Level Systems infrastructure.
• Basic knowledge of Datacenter Operations.
• Basic knowledge of network technologies.
• Basic knowledge of industry standards and audit requirements.
Requisition Number: 11001I4C
For Further information and apply online : http://www.Dell.com