India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / Nokia India Jobs / Nokia India Employment / Nokia India Vacancies
Research Leader, India UX, Concepting and Piloting-RES000002BI
Job Research & Development
Primary Location IN-Bangalore
Organization Horizontal Units
Job Level Manager
Education Level Doctorate Degree (over 19 years)
Job Type Experienced
Employee Status Regular
Travel Yes, 10% of the time
19 Oct 2011 05:29:00
NRC Growth Economies Lab (GEL) aims at the pursuit of long-term research and the development of breakthrough technologies in the areas that are critical to the success of Nokia. In particular, NRC GEL, which includes teams located in Beijing, Shenzhen, Bangalore and Nairobi, is responsible for driving research of cutting edge technologies for growth economies. NRC GEL explores and develops technologies that meet the needs and aspirations of growth economy consumers. The research topics of the lab range from user studies and user interaction technologies to mobile platform and mobile services.
The India User Experience and Concepting (IUX) team focuses on the consumer insights and enabling technologies for better user experiences for Indian and other developing country markets. The team is expected to not only provide concepts but also develop prototypes. The team leader is a respected leader and influential member of global research community of the corresponding area.
Main responsibilities of the leader:
Acts as inspiring scientist and role model for world-class research;
Drives the research team towards completing its mission by
- creating a work environment for innovations and long-term research;
- establishing close collaborative relationships with other teams in NRC GEL and NRC worldwide;
- exploring open innovation opportunities for the team;
- leading the development of cutting edge technologies and the pursuit of most advanced research;
- making breakthrough impacts by IPR creation, transfer of technologies and solutions to new or existing businesses
Delivers his/her vision to teams and gets team members aligned and working towards that common vision
Actively participates in NRC GEL leadership team
Acts as research spokesperson for the respective technology area for Nokia
Actively participates in relevant decision-making, steering and information-sharing bodies inside and outside Nokia
Key task areas (in order of importance)
The team leader is expected to develop an ambitious research agenda on user research and concepting of technologies that would enable end to end experiences that local consumers need. The team leader is expected to be hands-on and to lead by example in scientific paper writing and software development. He/she is expected to lead the entire team's scientific research and system work in accordance with the research agenda.
The team leader will actively explore open innovation collaboration possibilities for the team and will effectively work with external collaborators to help achieve team's research goals.
The team leader will deliver his/her vision to the team and gets the team members aligned and working towards that common vision.
The team leader will understand the value of technology transfer and work actively to find a path for the research to bring value to Nokia.
• Research track record in user study, UI design and mobile technologies;
• More than 5 years experiences and being expert in more than one research domain.
• Research team leadership experience in adademic or industrial research institutions
• Active personal contribution to research on relevant fields
• Hands-on approach to demonstrations and prototyping of results
For Further information and apply online : http://www.nokia.com