India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / IBM India Jobs / IBM India Employment / IBM India Vacancies
Technical Sales Specialist - S&D
Job ID S_D-0466874
Job type Full-time Regular
Work country India
Work city New Delhi
Job area Operations (all other)
Travel 10% travel annually
Job category Architect
Business unit STG Sales
Job role Infrastructure Architect
Job role skillset General
Commissionable/Sales-Incentive jobs only No
Sales Engineer – India
Platform Computing is the leader in cluster, grid and cloud management software ― serving more than 2,000 of the world’s most demanding organizations. For nearly 20 years, our workload and resource management solutions have delivered IT responsiveness and lower costs for enterprise and HPC applications. Platform’s success in scale out computing has resulted in the recently announced acquisition by IBM. Visit www.platform.com.
We are currently looking for an individual to fill the role of Sales Engineer – India. This individual will be responsible for direct and channel based sales of Platform’s products into the Indian Financial Services and Technical computing markets. A background in an ISV serving these markets (such as Ansys, Simulia, Data Synapse) or IHV’s selling cluster or grid systems into this market is desirable.
Work closely with Sales Account Manager to develop business opportunities, analyze customer requirements, and provide consultative selling skills in complex technical environments.
Establish working relationships with key Business Managers and IT Managers and staff in the customers’ organizations, assisting them to integrate Platform technology effectively into their various IT environments as part of their evaluation of the product suite. Maintain a strong understanding of competitive products and HPC industry/market trends. Take ownership for all technical aspects of the account relationship and management. Ability to translate technical product features, attributes and implementations to meet customer business needs. Able to scope projects, able to describe project phases and do a high level implementation plan. The position of Solution Architect/System Engineer in Platform Computing is a challenging position requiring strong IT system infrastructure and domain/application knowledge as well as technical delivery skills.
• Able to create RFP/RFI responses which describe a solution to client business problems. This solution is a combination of products and services.
• Has customer management and communication skills enabling the Solution architect/Systems Engineer to describe the solution to customer management in business terms.
• Has high level Project Management skills, with ability to describe major project implementation phases
• Discuss potential sales opportunities with Account Manager, and perform technical analysis and qualification of potential customer projects, often on-site with the customer
• Design and conduct Platform product presentations and demonstrations as well as question & answer discussions with the customer’s technical staff at increasing levels of complexity. Participate in a similar fashion in trade shows, seminars, and training events.
• Visits and keep necessary contact with prospects and customers - with or without the Account Manager, discuss current and new-release product features and uses, and up-sell the Platform’s product suite
• Propose Platform’s Support Services and Consulting Services to customers who need assistance to resolve challenging problems and build solutions of demanding complexity. This includes generation of Project Plans (Schedules, Budgets, Estimates) and Statements of Work (SOW).
• Provide product feedback from customers to Product Marketing and Product Management, and technical feedback to Support in aid of problem resolution and avoidance.
• Manage customer expectations so as to ensure maximum satisfaction with Platform’s products and services.
1. Have at least 6 years working experience in a technical computing consultant firm, or pre-sales/post sales, or system administrator.
2. Understanding technical computing process flow; broad understanding of relevant HPC software applications; how these applications are used in the customer environment and how Platform technology can be applied to these applications.
3. Solid knowledge in Linux / Unix and Windows operating system
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
For Further information and apply online : http://www.ibm.com/in/en/