India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / IBM India Jobs / IBM India Employment / IBM India Vacancies
IT Infrastructure Architect - S&D
Job ID GTS-0445301
Job type Full-time Regular
Work country India
Work city Bangalore, Mumbai, New Delhi
Job area Operations (all other)
Travel No travel
Job category Architect
Business unit GTS HQ/Top
Job role Infrastructure Architect
Job role skillset General
Commissionable/Sales-Incentive jobs only No
This role concentrates on the design of infrastructures including servers, storage, workstations, middleware, non-application software, networks, and the physical facilities that support the applications and business processes required by the client. Included in the focus areas is the critical evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the infrastructure. Best practices in this role use various techniques including modeling, simulation, and testing to validate the designs and selected products. Infrastructure Architects are responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure.As a core member of the GTS – Consulting Practice team and supporting the business development & delivery of consulting services the Consultant’s role will include (but not limited to) the following:
1. Work with the IBM team and with prior knowledge and experience in the market, identify target customer segments. Work with the IBM Coverage Client Rep and establish account strategies.
2. Engage with the customer, identify triggers, Identify key IT issues which impact the business and make recommendations to customer.
3. Develop a healthy pipeline of consulting opportunities.
4. Build and develop the business case, provide relevant and sound business & Technical advice to the customer, formulate a winning strategy for closing the deals.
5. Develop consulting service solution proposal.
6. Negotiate with the customer (finance and technical staff eg. CIO, CFO) and their consultants & win consulting engagements for IBM.
7. Lead the delivery of consulting engagements either personally or with a team of SMEs supporting large complex engagement.
8. Maintain account relationships with the customer as a trusted advisor and support the GTS eco-system to develop follow-on business for the rest of the team.
# Required Skills - Technical and Non Technical
• Atleast 12-20 years of experience. A minimum of 7 years in selling & delivering IT Infrastructure consulting projects.
• Experience in interacting with C level executives of the clients and value based selling.
Domain Areas of consulting expertise
• IT Infrastructure,
• IT Strategy
• IT Management, Security, Risk & Governance
. Business continuity & Disaster recovery
Qualifications ( Combinations of the below):
• An engineering Degree or a MBA
• ITIL ( Foundations, Masters & Expert)
. ISO 27001, CISA, CISM, Telecom Security
. Certifications in BC & DR
• Strong experience in delivering consulting projects.
• Strong Presentation skills. Should be good in English language verbal & written Communication
• Capability to present “The big picture” view
• A good knowledge on IT Infrastructure (Server/Storage/Network/Middleware etc. & IT Service Management.
• Capability to Design IT Infrastructure solutions.
• Capability to translate the customer business issues in to IT Infrastructure requirements.
• Capability to develop ROI and business case for transformation.
• Experience in Effort estimation for services.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For Further information and apply online : http://www.ibm.com/in/en/