India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / Tata Motors India Jobs / Tata Motors India Employment / Tata Motors India Vacancies
Position AGM/ DGM (ERC - Vehicle Integration, Commercial Vehicles)
Work Location Pune
Date Posted Saturday, December 18, 2010
Last date of Application Wednesday, February 16, 2011
1. To study the customer requirements and convert them to technical specifications.
2. Continuous interaction with NPI (Project Team) to understand and meet expectations of the customer.
3. Interact with the project leader and suppliers for the timely execution and completion of projects, review the designs of the aggregates, integration of aggregates and take the analysis results for further implementations.
4. Plan for aggregate testing with simulation results.
5. Involve into warranty analysis and also incorporate service feedback in vehicle designs.
6. Ensuring timely project planning, execution and monitoring of projects for development of various aggregates for Vehicle Integration.
7. Involve in Homologation and interaction with government agencies.
8. Involve in various manufacturing processing activities (machinery process , metal sheet work , foundry techniques etc) for ensuring the quality requirement as per the benchmarked concept for the project..
9. Develop people for superior performance a) Motivate and Guide subordinates to enable them achieve organisational goals
10. b) Periodically review subordinate performance and identify development needs c) Organise relevant training for employee development
11. Develop risk taking capabilities and encourage actions to demonstrate the same
12. Lead knowledge management efforts to leverage existing knowledge base in different area of the division and provide support to other divisions in terms of knowledge requirement
13. Ensure succession planning
14. Foster an environment conducive for innovation & change.
15. Retain skills / expertise developed in Research activities
16. Establish the system to ensure that all the activities of the group are properly tracked for timing and quality documented.
17. Set departmental goals and cascade down to the base level.
1. Should have worked as a leader or Chief engineer of any new project platform in Commercial Vehicles.
2. Knowledge of vehicle design and simulation techniques like static/ dynamics (IDEAS, NASTRAN, Pro-E, Wildfire, Pro- Mechanical, Pro-piping, GD & T, Vismockup etc) and using the results to fine tune the design.
3. Expertise in various vehicle systems with core competence in one or two aggregates like chassis / steering /brake/ axle/ suspension etc
4. Expertise in Integration of various vehicle systems with the inputs / feedback from testing and vehicle testing like vehicle performance testing etc
5. Should have updates on latest trend in automobile industry related to alternate fuel, Engines , chassis etc
6. Good knowledge of metallurgy and awareness towards alternate material selection.
7. Knowledge of product development process (DFMEA, DFSS, FEA, and DOE etc), CAD/CAE and phase gate system.
8. Knowledge of Digital product development involving DMU Management will be added advantage.
9. Should have in depth understanding of various manufacturing. Process (machinery process, metal sheet work, foundry techniques etc) and quality requirements.
10. Knowledge of all legislative standards(AIS) and new regulations.(CMVR, EEC, ECE,ADR, FMVSS etc)
11. Good analytical skills to resolve concerns by using classical techniques like 8-D , Triz , DEO etc
12. Leadership Skills & Strategic Orientation
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor of Engineering/Technology or Master of Engineering/Technology in Engineering (Industrial), Engineering (Mechanical/ Automobile) or equivalent.
At least 12 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
Preferably Assistant General Managers/ Deputy General Managers specializing in Engineering - Mechanical/Automotive or equivalent. Job role in R&D Engineer or equivalent.
Full-Time positions available.
For Further information and apply online : http://www.tatamotors.com/