India Employment Portal / India Jobs / India Vacancies / India Employment / Current Vacancy in India / IBM India Jobs / IBM India Employment / IBM India Vacancies
Wintel System Administrator - EBHS - ITD - GD
Job ID ITD-0402202
Job type Full-time Regular
Work country India
Work city Bangalore
Job area Operations (all other)
Travel 10% travel annually
Job category Architect
Business unit AppsOnDemand
Job role Application Architect
Job role skillset Lotus Notes
Commissionable/Sales-Incentive jobs only No
• Implementing and Troubleshooting Windows Platform (Windows NT, XP, 2000, 2003)
• Troubleshoot Windows default services like DNS,DHCP,WINS,Cluster,IIS.
• Good knowledge of hardware troubleshooting as in RAID, Storage, SCSI Disks.
• Troubleshoot and fine tune windows performance using built in tools.
• Knowledge and good exposure to Active directory and group policies.
• Good in documentation and knowledge of ITIL basic processes.
• Knowledge on ESX and Citrix will be added advantage.
• Provide 2nd level support and 3rd level interfacing with Microsoft Windows Platform. To be available 24 x 7 on rotational basis.
• Investiage and troubleshoot any problems related to Platform. Upgrades to be planned and implemented when needed.
• Backup and Restore of server.
• Interpret log files, event tasks, and other logs available to investigate and resolve issues.
• Install patches after preparing an implementation plan.
• Perform regular healthchecks on the server in terms of hardware and OS.
• Troubleshoot services like DNS, DHCP, Cluster, IIS, WINS etc.
• Create, ammend, delete user ids on domain/local server using scripts.
• Drive an incident towards closure by getting involved in conference chat and calls.
• Co-ordinate and chase vendor to resolve hardware issues beyond scope.
• Perform service activation checks prior to go-live of a server.
• Knowledge on TCP/IP , VLAN and routing concepts.
• Maintain, administer and keep available the in-scope servers.
• Fine tune the performance of the servers.
• Define and execute appropriate processes and procedures to maximize system performance, operation and availability.
• Utilize security measures built into the Windows Platform.
• Ensure the security of the Domain/Workgroup environment.
• Create logical security controls.
• Deny access to operation system resources to anyone other than administrators.
• Track unauthorized access.
• Additionally there is a requirement to provide day-to-day support to server related issues.
• The role requires working on a shift roster to support customer systems.
• Due to the nature of the environment, there is often a necessity to carry out scheduled work outside of working hours.
# Desired Experience
Intermediate skill level with at least 3-5 years experience with Microsoft Windows Platform Support.
Microsoft Certification of MCSE/MCSA recommended
# Technical Skills
(1-5 w/ 5 being Expert skill)
Microsoft Windows Platform
Microsoft Active Directory
Hardware including storage
Familiarity with Xseries and System X hardware and FastT, MSS
# Non Technical Skills
Must have excellent teamwork skills balanced with leadership and ability to work alone with a positive attitude
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to quickly assimilate technical and non-technical information
Must have good business acumen to work with technical and executive customers
Ability to interface with Customer & Tech Supt Teams
Ability to create and modify Operating Procedures
Maintain Logs and Daily Outage Reports
Candidate must be prepared to work within a team on a standby roster for 24x7X365 support of customer systems
Will be expected to perform out of hours work in order to support customer operational systems and changes
Perform off-hours maintenance whenever required
Problem solving ability
Level 4-5 Written and verbal English skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For Further information and apply online : http://www.ibm.com/in/en/